Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Ted Cruz: 'Mistake' for GOP to Call January 6 an 'Insurrection'

(No, it is a mistake to try to pass off Jan. 6th as "legitimate political discourse" as some republicans are trying to do.)

Sen. Ted Cruz on Wednesday criticized his Republican colleagues who have called the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot an "insurrection," a day after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell described the attack as a "violent insurrection."

"I think it is a mistake for Republicans to repeat the political propaganda of Democrats and the corporate media," the Texas Republican told CNN's Ted Barrett.

The senator also pushed back on the phrase "armed insurrection" being used by Republican leadership to describe the attack, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane said.

In the aftermath of the Capitol riot, Cruz condemned the violence as a "terrorist attack" and repeatedly used that language to describe the day's events.

snytiger6 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You mean, he is ignoring his own repeated descriptions......i wish I knew what the drump faction has on both him & Lindsay Graham!

Once again we see that the censoring that long guns were seized INSIDE the capitol results in hopelessly absurd news reporting. When will this flaw in the matrix get uncovered???

Slimy Ted! Any man who could suck up to Trump after he insulted his family the way Trump did is a spineless slug!

Throwing that word "man" around in his vicinity kinda loosely, aincha?

Cruz might be crazier than Trump & DeSantis combined.

Hmm. Maybe crazier than one or the other individually, but not both combined. All three are pretty far out there on the crazy scale.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.