Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK A Catholic priest resigned in an absurd scandal involving invalid baptisms

A Catholic priest recently resigned over a silly infraction that reveals just how seriously the Church takes its rituals. In this case, the baptisms he performed have been deemed invalid.

snytiger6 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Priests explained……

The entire Roman Catholic Church is an absurdity.

Oh, boy! What a royal mess.

Strange. My idea of a Catholic baptism is similar to how you flick water onto your bar-b-que. If the guy did it with a water gun it might be invalid.

It would be funny if, liker flicking water onto a BBQ, if anyone beign baptized started to sizzle and steam.

Baptisms are invalid no matter what. It's just a ritual to con people out of money as long as they live. I saved a small fortune by not going to a church any more.

I have a morbid thought I must share - if any of those kids died, unbaptised, then, they don't go to heaven; they go to purgatory. So, my question is, if any did die, can the parents sue? For the church to fight such a case considering if they want people to believe, they would have to admit causing mass pain and suffering. Now, they could easily win in court by claiming it is just a bunch of meaningless words that no sane person would interpret as important.

You mean their ritualistic chanting of " In nominee Pater, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti" ( or in Aussie derisive language, My Father can beat your Father at Dominoes/ Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and Watch.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650037
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.