Agnostic.com

2 8

LINK Jewish high school student asked to apologize for revealing Nazi salute in classroom | TheHill

A Jewish student was reprimanded by officials at his Alabama high school after he shared on social media a video of his teacher and classmates doing a Nazi salute.

Mountain Brook high school student Ephraim Tytell says gesture was part of a lesson on how the meaning behind symbols changes over time. Prior to World War II, a similar gesture dubbed the "Bellamy Salute," was commonly used to honor the American flag.

"He explained to us that in America we used to do that before WWII and everything, and then he proceeded to show us, ask us to stand up to salute the flag, and he and everyone else did the Nazi salute," Tytell told local affiliate WIAT.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I felt upset, unsure of what’s going on. Just kind of shocked," he added.

After posting the video on social media, Tytell was reprimanded for making the school district "look bad."

(I think the lesson could have been taught without the teacher insisting that students give the salute. The poor judgment seems to falls on the teacher from my perspective.)

snytiger6 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the lesson can be taught by taking that teacher outdoors and beating the fuck out of him for even bringing it up. We know why someone would do such a thing and it's not education. Ram an American flag pole up his Nazi-a$$ and call him macaroni.

I totally agree with the last 2 sentences.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.