Agnostic.com

3 5

Is it spring yet? This was outside my door just now.

Organist1 8 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We’re back to winter here in central NY. Winter has a hard time letting go.

We're going to get a snowstorm tonight into tomorrow, despite it having been 54 degrees today. Central New York is a lot colder!

@Organist1 it’s going to miss us

Here too, the migrating robins started showing up a couple of weeks ago, which seems awfully early. We have resident robins too but they're by ones and twos not flocks.

I have a huge hemlock tree outside my bedroom door. So many things live in it, including, I suspect, a raccoon family. There are several robins now, where previously I had only noticed juncos, sparrows, cardinals, and chickadees. The geese have been flying overhead lately, and landing in our neighborhood lake. Exciting things are happening.

Almost feels like it here. Our grass is different than most and is green all winter. Summer (this is a drought area) it turns brown. It's supposed to get near 60 today. Yesterday was bright sun and mid-50's.

It's going to be in the mid-50s here today, but Monday, the low will be 18. Crazy!

@Organist1 One thing that's common to most places is a big swing in temps. Most times it's only a few degrees here but during a sunny, high pressure period it can vary more.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.