Agnostic.com

7 32

February 13, 2018 hike with three women. Mountain goats above.

We ascended steeply from Icicle Creek Road to the Lake Colchuck trailhead. The gravel road had snow with layers of hard ice on top. We used micro-spikes.

Before this I always drove the road. From a car, I couldn't see spectacular mountain views. Walking was beautiful and uplifting.

Karen spotted mountain goats on cliffs above. Gorgeous icicles on Bridge Creek. Gro and Susan looked like ants below Icicle Ridge. We had fun.

1. Icicle Ridge.

2. Bridge Creek.

3. Icicles

4. Icicle Ridge looms above Gro and Susan.

5. Curvy icicles.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Envy is not a good emotion.

Gorgeous,

Love your photo-shares!

@tinkercreek

Thank you.

All seem very familiar to me. I loved Sleeping Lady resort and visited it numerous times.(is that the mountain on the shot). The drive from Stevens Pass to Leavenworth was always fun and we would often stop at Lake Wenatchee.
One time we were hiking one of the trails with a friend. He and I got to talking and went ahead of my late partner. When she caught up she called us a bunch of Chamosses (Farsi for mountain goat). Come to find the Chamoisee really is a goat breed. Thanks for the memory and laugh.

@JackPedigo

Here's a mountain goat at Lake Colchuck in 2014. I was changing out of my wet shirt. Looked up and a mountain goat was six feet away! I froze and eyed it warily. Took this photo.

To my relief, the mountain goat walked past me and into the bushes.

@LiterateHiker Awesome goat…

…but wait, no pictures of the shirt change! 😔

@Canndue

Always change as fast as possible. Don't want a stranger to catch me bare-chested.

1. Stripped off wet shirt and pulled a dry shirt over my head.

2. Pulled fleece jacket over my head. Put on hat.

3. Tucking hair behind my ears, I looked up and saw the mountain goat. CLICK.

@LiterateHiker great experience! Thanks for sharing….the goat is cool too….😉

@LiterateHiker Of course Goats don't count as strangers especially one as handsome as the one watching you.

@Canndue, @LiterateHiker So I have a question. Was it a male goat? Can a female be considered handsome? I often described my 2nd partner as being handsome (I have a picture to prove my point) but am not sure this designation can be applied to a woman.

@JackPedigo good question, that is the word you chose, probably fits

@JackPedigo

I would never crawl under a mountain goat to check its sex.

Women have been described as handsome for eons. From Urban dictionary:

"A woman with the kind of refined beauty and attractiveness that requires poise, dignity, and strength of mind and character, things that often come with age; not merely sex-appeal. Usually applied to a woman who is also very well-groomed and from an upper class background.

"This phrase is very dated and rarely used in today's English. Those who don't understand the term could almost be insulted by the word "handsome" being applied to a woman, mistakenly thinking you're saying she is masculine."

"Though she had lost long ago her virginal loveliness, she had ripened into a handsome and fruitful looking woman." - Ellen Glasgow

"What a handsome woman she has become; she carries herself so well".

[urbandictionary.com]

@LiterateHiker Thank you for this. I noted having a strong Jawline was a part of the definition and that she did have.

Beautiful shots

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 15, 2022

Beautiful photos!

I almost had ice cream.

Serene….

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.