Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK One wrong word by Phoenix priest invalidates decades of baptisms | Arizona News | azfamily.com

Ha,, ha, ha.🙂
He said 'we' rather than 'I'. Maybe he should have said 'Hocus Pocus'.
Wow. When you're spell casting, you have to get the words right.

Update -- I also just saw this story on the local TV news. Wow.

From the link

The key phrase in question is the use of ‘We baptize’ in place of ‘I baptize.’ The issue with using ‘We’ is that it is not the community that baptizes a person, rather, it is Christ, and Him alone, who presides at all of the sacraments, and so it is Christ Jesus who baptizes.

RichCC 8 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

OK, so is all of this recorded so we know when he used the words "we baptize?" If it is we can now see the mistake and baptize them again. I was afraid the priest might have been using a water pistol or something.

He wasn't joking, he was deadly serious -- no toy gun.

It's a good thing he wasn't an engineer or his bridges might have fallen down and hurt someone. Ha, ha I guess.🤔

Wow this means that if any of the people this guy baptised incorrectly died in the interim
THEY ARE BURNING IN HELL!!!!!! Bwahahahaha

I think the Church sees this as a fundraising moment by getting most of the stupid fucks who can't let go to come into Church, again. Personal visits are more likely to get a donation and those who are crushed by the idea of uncleansed sins will heel (pun). The only thing more amazing than how stupid baptism is, to begin with, is how many allow themselves to be leashed to such stupidity but nobody plays them better than Catholic Clergy.

Jumbo mumbo-jumbo.

I read this yesterday. If ever you need a story to show how stupid religion is, this is it. You've got to the the grammar right with God or else.

God's an Editor.

US priest used wrong baptism words for 26 years

[france24.com]priest-used-wrong-baptism-words-for-26-years

All those people, now going Straight To Fucking HELL !!!

twill Level 7 Feb 15, 2022

Just another 3-ring circus….

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.