Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (101 - 125)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I kind of went off in a different direction re the question. So, being faced with 'God' or some of God's HIgher Spiritual representatives, I'm sure we'd talk about how this last lifetime played out for me and what's next on the agenda...and a lot more. My understanding of the 'afterlife' is that's just life continuing where you learn more, rest, enjoy, refresh as you get ready for your next adventure...

Wtf dude!!??

Foggy Level 4 May 13, 2018

wow.....I'm glad that's over with!!! I was afraid you were gonna be a chicken!!! Whoa.....we would have been screwed!!! Man, I love KFC!!!

Prove It.

Hey, there! Well, surprise me. Despite my nonbelief, I hope you think I did a good job being a good human in my life. I certainly tried.

vita Level 7 May 6, 2018

you need approval ?

Not really sure what else I might say to the deity I thought didn't exist.

I like both your answer and Stephen Fry's, but I would probably say that no matter how much you claim to be God, I know that you can't be. No God would ever create a world like this, let alone the Hell that you seem to enjoy sending your creation to for the simple act of not believing in nonsensical mythology. So, stop lying.

I won't be faced with God.

I'd go "fuck you for not making me pretty"

Nice to make your acquaintance.🙂

I just watched the Visio of Steven fry answer..he was to easy on God. Imho

Why did you make it so impossible to believe in you . Why would you make me smart enough to question your bull shit infalibe book. If you knew all along how it would all end what was the point,why did so many suffer. Why do you need to be worshiped so much that I go to hell if I refuse or can't. And where is the door!

He/She created poverty and rape so I would just give him/her the finger.

Sadly, we are NOT like trees. We have free will. We can be rapists, murderers, child molesters. We can become Catholic Pedophile Priests. This world is so violent, and there are so many evil creatures out there. When I die, I don't want to come back. I've had a pretty good life all in all. Spring is here, it was nice out today. It is best to live in the NOW moment.....and just try to let go of hate and anger. This whole place is a hallucination and it will be over before we know it.

It would go something like this

'Well fuck me you are real!'

I would want to know where all my dogs and pets were, where are you hiding the prostitutes and virgins, where is the wine, what the fuck is for dinner?

Great question! Maybe, "It was nothing personal, there were just too many holes in your story."

Why did you allow people, especially children to suffer from those horrible diseases which you created?

Well, I'll be damned.

My Bad!!!!!

I'd dismiss it as a weird dream and go.back to sleep

O my god what a bad dream

Sigh................Glad for the thoughtful and humorous answers.

Not at all glad for the people who find it necessary to splice the f%ck out of questions. It's a hypothetical question y'all!

I don't believe in ANYTHING supernatural, AND I don't see the point in reminding everybody here of that as a response to so many PRETEND questions.

@NotConvinced That's exactly it! Some people so much of the time are constantly "on" -- practicing their wit, snark, sarcasm, debate skills, etc. Tuning their character.

What is this thing? It isn't a thing. Its not even about evidence or making sense. It doesn't even get that much of a response. To me its like saying what would you do if you met a fairy godmother, it ain't happening, there isn't one so there is absolutely no point. As for all the shite its all just random chance. A baby dies a horrible death or a complete gobshite wins the lottery. There is no rhyme or reason, just enjoy that we have each other and we have today.

Oh and by the way supreme being if you do exist, I don't want to go to heaven with a load of up-their-own-assholes, pompous creeps. Send me to hell where the real party is at.

@Amisja No doubt, my best friends would be there

I would say "Where have you been and where were you when I needed you"

I would punch hIm on the nose for gIvIng me a mIserable tIme.

Sorry to hear this 😟

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.