Agnostic.com

213 30

QUESTION What would you say to God if when you died you were faced with him?

This question was asked to Stephen Fry and I love his answer. So I ask you what would you say?

• Click description above to see Stephen Fry's answer*

To answer my own question I suppose I would be more logical and tell God it was his fault I did not believe in him because if he created me then he knows I would not blindly follow anything that reads like a fairytale or where there was no proof of existence.

DiablitaRoja 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

213 comments (151 - 175)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which one?

And why are you using a male pronoun?

Let me guess.

You also see him as "White" and "Gentile"

On edit - Fry's answer was excellent. I have answered very similar to that when some evangelic type keeps pushing the issue because they think they are going to cause me to have a "come to Jesus moment."

That type of answer will generally shut them down. .

C'moooooonnnnnnnn people..............focus. Okay -- say it's an Asian female god. 🙂

You die. What do you say to her?

I am Latina and an Atheist so my God would be Frida Kahlo if I could chose. But honestly when written I was not thinking about the pronoun it was more about the question itself. So the God of your choosing , race and gender of your choosing.

Take me to the bar dude 🙂 I hope there is pole dancers

Were Flying Cockroaches Really Necessary!

Coldo Level 8 Apr 24, 2018

Wtf did you do that for?

Exactly my first thought.

Seems apparent to me that a loving mother would never treat her children so mean. A man now will sometimes claim to love someone and still beat the shit out of them.

My god is the universe. You can’t give it a gender, and our knowledge is still so insignificant to have any understanding what it all means and if we even pertain to it.

I don't understand the question. I'll be dead.

This is pretend, Gareth. Pretend you meet this god person when you die. Now pretend you say something to this god person. What do you say?

@BlueWave I suppose I also have to pretend that I recognise this as 'God' and that he/she/it speaks English. I might say "how come I can talk without a mouth, face you without a face, and think without a brain?", but like being present at a mass shooting, I don't really think you can guess how you would behave until it happens. I might be relieved that I'm still 'alive' in some sense, or I might be worried that I hadn't kissed this guy's ass enough in the past.

@Gareth LOL! Loved your last sentence. 🙂

"Oi God, you do not exist." {and I'd kick him in the shin & storm off.

How could you make something so beautiful and mix in so much ugliness on purpose! Free will doesn’t mean you couldn’t at least give us all the information available (you’re existence) instead of playing a game of vanity.

F.ck off spook.

OK, you evil creep, what's with all the threatening people with eternal torture stuff? And why don't you make peace & love prevail in the world? What kind of twisted sadist are you?

Shevek Level 4 July 18, 2020

"No shit?"

I'd say "You're a real funny guy, aren't ya?"

You must first prove there are god/s before this question can be asked. ?

Well would u need to say anything? He already knows it all.

I'd probably be like smoke dog in the movie Friday. When God come around I be quiet, but when he leaves, I be talking again. I would think that the the cluster f*ck of a god that's described in the Bible is a complete idiot. He'd be easy to fool to stay out of hell and to work on that possible heaven take over!

So you are the christ, yes the great jesus christ , prove to me your no fool, walk across my swimming pool

EMC2 Level 8 Dec 16, 2018

You cannot go against nature,
Because when you do...Go against nature,
That’s part of nature, too.

• Love & Rockets

Oops... ???

HOLLY FUCKers!!! IT never seen plausible.

Was it the passion of the Jews in heaven or the Morons, !,$#&@#, rivers of lava, SCREAM!!!, Cry,.. cry, freaking HOT down here. I mean Mormons.

Well hell,.... O shit... LMAO

I can't see you. My eyes are down there rotting in my decomposing body. I can't believe in you. My heart is no longer pumping blood into my brain. I can't talk to you. The cat's got my tongue.

Oh, hey... can I get a LG thin crust pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, black olives, onions and jalapeños pizza...to go!!

"So you are real. Imagine that. Too bad so many in the human race misunderstand, misrepresent, or misquote you. You've done a great job giving them the tools they need, but they still can't seem to get it just right. It will be interesting to see where they end up." Lol

What is the point of life?

what does religion mean to you?

Lucy, you’ve got some esplaining to do

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.