Agnostic.com

5 4

Perhaps some day. Could it be done safely? It would be amazing! What else is retirement for? 😁

Sookiesue 6 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've done a lot of hiking and camping, running ocean marathons etc in my life. Lived near the sea and inland alike. I would most definitely join a large group to attempt this. I'm still very fit, have a lot of go in me, haven't had the flu in about three decades. ...but then haven't encountered living in snowy and below zero climates. That might be a challenge! As far as those regions @Fernapple mention, my skin colour would surely be good-to-go or fitting-in-with-the-looks or features of those regions. Fitness, Eating right, Resting Right and Stamina is key.
@FrayedBear. Living in South Africa in Africa, camping in reserves etc is challenging enough and enjoyable 😊. I've had close calls too.
but Yip I'll watch that video, those who wish to attempt and record. Now that would be a challenge!😉

Fun fact. Guessing the length of time it takes to travel depends on how fast you can walk🤣

lerlo Level 8 Feb 18, 2022

Wow! I would think that if a person, or a group of people, wanted to attempt this, and could record it on video to live stream parts of the journey each day, they might be able to finance it with sponsors and advertisements (for travel gear, etc.) and write a book about what to expect if others wanted to try it.

I'm thinking there would be some unsafe areas, for sure! Interesting to contemplate. I, for one, will wait for the movie. I'll leave the experience to someone else.

It would make a very cool documentary.

@Sookiesue Yes, imagine all the things one could see and do along the way, and a variety of transportation modes when not walking.

That's 3.09 mph. x 561 days @ 8 hours per day.

Best to allow at least a couple of years, to be on the safe side.

@Fernapple and the rest given average gaol, Oxfam response and ransom recovery times

That's if you get out of Cape Town alive!

Looking at that route, there would be a lot more to worry about than Cape Town.

We have @Val3941 for a guide!

@Fernapple Israel?

@Sookiesue not inclined that way duckie, @Timeoutforme is more my preference.

@FrayedBear Georgia, Armenia, Sudan, Siberia, Lebanon, Syria. It looks like a route chosen to pass through just about every westerner unfriendly, unstable, and paranoid place on earth.

@FrayedBear
Cape Town is not so bad. I've travelled there many times. Americans make movies there often. The crime is usually in those particular areas where criminals live and roam, in my opinion.
@Val3841 any comment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.