Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Article By Putin ”On The Historical Unity Of Russians And Ukrainians“ KREMLIN.RU July, 2021

For All You Idiot Putin Apologists, This Post Is In His Own Words From The Kremlin Website. His Designs Are To Re-establish The Soviet Empire. WWIII Doesn't Bother Him. Read This Too.
[atlanticcouncil.org]

barjoe 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I have been reading a history of Europe, including Russia, during the 17th and 18th centuries, one thing becomes abundantly clear, as it does in much of this treatise. Peace in Europe has never been tenable for extended periods of time. Whether it be religious wars, feudal wars, ethnic wars or civil wars, peace is temporary. Treaties are signed and broken. Agreements of one generation are tossed out by the next. Putin’s historical recap shows that he has studied the subject, and is an interesting read, since the actual history of the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe is generally ignored in Western history classes. But his justification of the current standoff is no more correct than any other justification for war: they are all self serving, deadly and rarely stop at the stated objective.
I don’t see this ending well, the history of European conflict is not favorable to it ending well. And with the US playing “dare y’a!” only makes it into a saving face type situation which he can exploit to his own citizens. Hold onto your hats and hope that I am wrong!

This of course was one of the driving forces behind Hitler’s rise to power and subsequent dream of world domination: the restoration of the German empire. Humans don’t learn from history, they just keep repeating it with different actors. Look for China to take on the role of Imperial Japan in the new world obliteration war.
Without natural predators and our ability to control natural disease, war is our only option at anything resembling population control.

They are closely linked. I'm unsure how much we can punish Putin if he does invade and remember how we reacted to Russian hardware being in Cuba. I'm also reminded of Monroe's Doctrine and Ukrane is kind of an undetermined, therefore contested, nation. Since NATO doesn't really apply I don't see serious repercussions for Putin and sanctions also hurt those applying them. None of us can afford to lose economic progress and plunge our nations back into stagnation so I think Putin wins the prize if he chooses to go after it. That means POTUS Joe walks away looking weak and I don't want that to happen. Hopefully the solidarity convinces Putin he will lose Nordstream if he invades. That is the only sanction he cares strongly about.

You are assuming that he isn't crazy. I think he is crazy to invade Ukraine. If he's crazy enough to do this; What else is he crazy enough to do? The invasion is imminent. We may wake up to this news.

@barjoe I try to assume as little as possible. He's crazy, yes, but for Russia. I think he sees himself as a Czar. If he only invades the donbass region then he has still invaded so I don't see any advantage for him to stop at that. This is all cold, hard, calculus and business for Putin but he's also crazy.

@rainmanjr He also has a huge nuclear arsenal. Is he that crazy?

@barjoe I'm aware of that and the answer is yes. I think he is. Putin only needs to take out DC and a few other places to knock us out, really, and it looks to me like he and Xi are looking to do just that. Two cities in Japan prove that it's possible to recover fairly quickly from such a bomb so they might not see it as so permanent. Ukraine has the worst nuclear accident on record and Putin still wants that.

@rainmanjr I hope you are wrong about Xi and Putin having an alliance and planting a nuclear struck against the USA.

@barjoe Sure you do, as do I, but the alliance was sealed during The Olympics. The question of nuclear use isn't decided but they have considered that possibility and think they survive. Maybe even come out stronger as they won't need to access our land for several decades, anyway, and get their own new front yards looking nice.

@rainmanjr China fears nuclear war. They basically have resources and manpower that they can't lose a conventional war. In the case of Russia, that is the opposite. I think Xi only wanted to make sure Putin didn't spoil his Olympics. The timeline is almost perfect.

@barjoe Oh, they fear it but think they can survive it. This war might not go nuclear but they would have to prepare for the eventuality.

@rainmanjr I don't think you are correct on this one.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651677
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.