Agnostic.com

2 3

Now a few months old but only just seen by me. Have you watched this exposé of Australian Pentecostal church Hillsong?

Accusations of rape & cover up.
This is the church supported by Australian Prime Ministers.

FrayedBear 9 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tell me the old old story, as the song has it.
Another church another scandal
Religion destroys and exploits its grass roots followers, and in return allows those gifted with power and trust to abuse both.
I honestly do not believe that these people are corrupted by power, they were corrupt to begin with and see religion as a gateway to indulgence and protection for their perversions and criminal behaviours, be it sexual, financial or psychotic.

You cynic.

I have met 2 people during my life who I recognise as being imbued with kindly concern for others. One was a rabbi in Sydney & the other the son of a protestant clergyman. I suspect however that both would sacrifice others for the good name of their belief. The Jewish one would probably also do it to buy his insecure wife of 50 years more jewellery.

Most sins are sexual related. No wonder their sexual behaviour is all fucked up and the greed too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.