Agnostic.com

5 4

What impact, if any will “private” social media have on the Ukraine situation?

We’re in a new world compared to the last major conflict in Europe. Will the international contacts among “regular citizens” influence others in rival nations to resist their leaders? I’m not including state sponsored propaganda in the scope of my question. Thoughts?

Edit: I have no idea or opinions. This question is designed to help me come to a “weak” conclusion

Garban 8 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hard to determine, some social media platforms will share OSINT sources reporting honestly on the war crimes being carried out on innocent Ukrainian civilians, whilst others will become a haven for Putinphiles and pro-Putin conspiracy theories. From my own direct experience with such since late February of this year, I have witnessed conservatives backing-up Putin based on some of the most absurd reasons known to mankind, and progressive liberals insisting that Ukraine is totally influenced by nazis and thus must be destroyed. Likewise, I have crossed paths with conservative and progressives alike who sympathize with the Ukrainian side. I mostly stick to the Intel Crab and Bellingcat for unbiased news regarding the Ukraine invasion.

The nuclear option for sanctions is to remove russia for the swift banking platform. I see them using that to make russia stop attacking the ukraine.

Russia employs numerous hackers.
They've already been hard at work.

The Russian government controls all media.
They are already arresting citizens for protesting the invasion of Ukraine. Last number I heard was close to 2,000.
Cyber attacks in the Ukraine started a while back.

Social media access is fairly easy to control, many countries already do it.

Heard a report this morning that many people in Ukraine didn't really think this would happen. They're all shocked and terrified now.

We sure are in a new world. The last time we were in one like now was during the 1930s. It’s often said that history doesn’t necessarily repeat itself—-it often rhymes.

There’s no telling what is going to happen from this point on.

Hopefully. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

skado Level 9 Feb 25, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652671
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.