Agnostic.com

3 1

I know it's the Holidays, so most of us indulge in unhealthy but fun foods. But come January, most of us go back to eating more healthful foods. What's the BEST dietary regimen for humans? The research is not complete, but many nutritionists and research scientists in the field of nutrition think that the best overall diet is:

• High-Fat
  • Moderate Protein
  • Very Low Carbohydrates

Here's a good video with a lot of scientific evidence for this type of diet.. Nora Gedgaudas, speaking at the 2012 "Ancestral Health Symposium." Eye-opening! Check it out.. it's kind of technical, but the average person can understand most of it.

Dougnostic 5 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a lot of discussion now about how medicine/nutritionists have had it wrong for about 30 years regarding fat bias. I see people experiencing improved numbers and improved well being due to decreased inflammation making this change. SOme people lose a lot of weight.
I hedge here as with everything in saying one size fits all

I have recently dropped carbs due to extraordinarily high fasting triglycerides (>3000). Subsequently fats came up. Proteins were already increased for training. It looks like I'm on track if science gets it right this time. Even if they don't, my numbers look the best that they have since my youth (younger than 35).

Zster Level 8 Dec 4, 2017

Hotdogs and Twinkies.

do you use the twinkie as a bun?How bout those deep fried twinkies I have heard so much about?

Yeah, and how about bacon-wrapped deep-fried Twinkies? 😀

Thanks for the idea, @Dougnostic. I'm headed for the deep fryer now where I keep the rancid grease heated for emergencies. I have a pound of thick sliced bacon and a carton of Twinkies. Think I'm in business.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6542
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.