Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Bernie Sanders on Twitter: "If there's one thing to learn from this horrible crisis it's this: We must end our dependence on big oil & authoritarian regimes for expensive fossil fuels that are destroying the planet & harming our economy. Now, more than ever, we need a Manhattan Project for renewable energy."

Not that it will help, any longer, but Save The Soil. I'm told that soil, too, will become unable to grow crops (due to not letting it recoup nutrients) around 2035. Fortunately I no longer time travel but I think it prudent to pack. Bernie's correct in the lesson of Ukraine. We, Europe included, may desire to scale down our lives in order to speed up elimination of any oil dependence (sounds like an echo from 1990).

rainmanjr 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Funny how every age runs into this problem and every age we use the same tactic to deal with it - technology.
The main issue is an increasing demand outstripping available resources. Resources that are limited on any planet. Technology allows us to, temporarily, tweak the resources so that they can get to more of us. I have posted, several times a TED talk on this issue and yet people like Bernie, and most other politicians/people refuse to get it. Everything is doomed to failure unless we get off the constant growth bandwagen. One dictator we never see is Mother Nature. She makes all the other dictators look childish.

In many areas Big Oil bought up railroad right of ways, developers developed making it difficult to now try and get light rail and cleaner mass transit.
An interesting read - The Seven Sisters: The great oil companies & the world they shaped
by Anthony Sampson
Back in the 1960's or early 1970's Playboy mag had an article on the damage groundwater pumping (mining) would have on the land.
The powers that be have always known the damage but their long view was very Scarlette O'Hara, "Fiddle de di, I'll think about that tomorrow".

The Earth will be fine in 2035.
The soil will be fine in 2035.
Stop believing the bullshit.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 10, 2022

Those of you with cars and trucks should give them up and take public transportation whenever possible. This is especially true of those in the US where public transportation is underutilized.

In many areas Big Oil bought up railroad right of ways, developers developed making it difficult to now try and get light rail and cleaner mass transit. The Seven Sisters: The great oil companies & the world they shaped
by Anthony Sampson
Back in the 1960's or early 1970's Playboy mag had an article on the damage groundwater pumping (mining) would have on the land.
The powers that be have always known the damage but their long view was very Scarlette O'Hara, "Fiddle de di, I'll think about that tomorrow".

Hahaha.
That man’s dumber than a football bat

And you Con's are the bat.

@rainmanjr
Really? Biden was handed an energy independent county and gas prices have literally doubled. You think Bernie would have done any better all??
You’d be in a bread line if Bernie was running the show.
I’m still amazed that IQ’s are low enough for people to follow him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.