Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Putin's Endgame: A Conversation With Fiona Hill | NYTimes

Putin is of course a politician and at this point he's committed himself and Russia. He can't back down without some face saving path that lets him not 'lose'.

It's becoming more difficult to see that path and avoid catastrophe. It gets more frightening daily.

From the link

Ending the war in Ukraine very much depends on how and when President Vladimir Putin of Russia allows it to end.
Vladimir Putin remains in control of the situation, and he would likely remain in control of how and when the conflict would end -- and he won't accept defeat.
"Discussions of economic warfare, we have to tamp all of this down and really focus on getting Russia out of Ukraine, focusing on ceasefires, focusing on withdrawals of Russian men and equipment, you know, heavy artillery, these barbaric, high-end weapon systems that they're bringing in there, trying to head off these cruise missiles, these ballistic missiles," Hill added. "We've got to focus on these things and be very careful about the rhetoric."

RichCC 8 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We’re in uncharted territory now. There’s no way to predict what’s going to happen. Now or in the coming days/months. The climate that existed in the late 1920s and 1930s mirror a lot of what we see today……..Rising Dictatorships,, Authoritarianism, as well as rising nationalism around the globe, and now with the possibility of a recession in the next 12 months.

NO RHETORIC here……..Things are bad.

I recently read an article comparing Russia's(Stalin) invasion of Finland in 1940 (the Winter War) and Russia's invasion of Chechnya in the 90s (which Putin was involved in -- but not as leader).

It looks like we're in for an ugly time. People only do what they have to when all other options are exhausted -- and authoritarians are pretty much the worst.

The invasion has happened so can't be put back in a closet. I, therefore, doubt Putin retreats until he has subdued the revolts (which I also doubt will happen). I don't see him going into NATO lands but his next move will likely be other non-NATO West-leaning areas (like Georgia). I think this will be very good for a more united USA and help propel our economic engine so it doesn't bother me. People will always suffer the injustices of others so there's nothing shocking about that aspect.

Fiona Hill describes Zelensky as "having balls". She knows Putin and is always good to hear! I learn something everytime I listen to her.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.