Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK I’m a Cop With a Trans Daughter. Lawmakers Want Me to Arrest the Doctors Who Saved Her Life. – Mother Jones

Fight disinformation. Get a daily recap of the facts that matter. Sign up for the free Mother Jones newsletter.

Last month, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said it was child abuse to give transgender teens gender-affirming health care like puberty blockers or hormone therapy. Now, Alabama lawmakers are on the verge of passing a law that would criminalize doctors who do so. The bill would make their work punishable by up to a decade in prison—even though they’re offering treatments that are reversible and approved by major medical associations. The bill is expected to pass in the coming days, and Gov. Kay Ivey is expected to sign it.

All of which terrifies David Fuller, a veteran police sergeant in Gadsden, Alabama, who could be called on to enforce the ordinance. Several years ago, his kid Jess came out as trans, and she relied on the very health care that could now be outlawed. This week he called me from his police truck to share his story, told below in his own words.

snytiger6 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This article helped change my thinking on gender affirming healthcare and the benefits it provides for minors in this situation. Shows you what just a little education on the subject can do for a person. Thanks for posting!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.