Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK The $100M "He Gets Us" ad campaign for Jesus ignores an obvious problem

This month marks the launch of one of the largest and most ineffective religious ad campaigns in American history.

A group of Christians, funded by anonymous donors, plans to spend over $100 million to shove Jesus in as many faces as humanly possible. That cash will pay for TV spots, billboards, and online ads that tell viewers one message about Jesus: “He gets us.”

(I think if Jesue were real, he'd rather the money go to feed the poor and heal the sick, at least that is how he was portrayed in the stories.)

snytiger6 9 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You bring up very good points.

Do the commercials come with lengthy disclaimers of side effects as with other drug ads?

I think that they should.

It says that. "Its hard to sell the product, without acknowledging the harm that Christianity has done." Actually I think that it is hard to sell any product without acknowledging the harm which hard selling does as well.

Because the comfort of being understood by a fictional character is greater than the need for logic and reason to define their reality.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655857
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.