Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK University Of The Southwest Golf Teams: NTSB Investigating Crash In Texas That Killed 9 People And Left Two Critically Injured - CNN

I remember hearing about this horrible car crash earlier this week. Now to find that was a 13 year old kid who caused this tragedy is very shocking.

barjoe 9 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In Texas minimum ages for owning a gun or driving a vehicle are considered just suggestions.

I think that used to be true because my dad turned me loose with an old pickup truck out in the pasture when I was eight. I was sent to the nearby store in the car when I was about 14. It has never been legal in Oklahoma for someone that young to drive unless it was driving a farm vehicle on farm business.

I think increased population has made that very financially impractical for most people. This tragedy appears to be the result of an adult without any common sense. I'd almost bet the adult has a history of DUIs.

So it's illegal in Texas for a 13 year to operate a car on the road, in this case 75mph on a major highway. Supposedly blew a tire at that speed. Would a more experienced driver been able to avoid the crash? Probably. He shouldn't have been behind the wheel in the first place, the fault of the 38 year old adult. It's wasn't a case of a crazy kid joy riding. So sad for everybody involved.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.