Agnostic.com

3 3

Below are some excerpts from Putin (Meeting on socioeconomic support for regions March 16, 2022, 18:10 Novo-Ogaryovo, Moscow Region)

Moreover, the Kiev authorities also announced their intention to have nuclear weapons and delivery vehicles. This was a real threat. With foreign technical support, the pro-Nazi Kiev regime would have obtained weapons of mass destruction in the foreseeable future and, of course, would have targeted them against Russia.

The movement of Russian forces against Kiev and other Ukrainian cities is not connected with a desire to occupy that country.

...the Kiev authorities were offered opportunities to avoid hostilities, via different channels, to simply withdraw their troops from Donbass

...Ukraine was purposefully preparing for a scenario of force, a massacre and an ethnic cleansing in Donbass. A massive onslaught on Donbass and later Crimea was just a matter of time. However, our Armed Forces have shattered these plans.

Our fellows – soldiers and officers – are displaying courage and heroism and are doing all they can to avoid civilian losses in Ukrainian cities.

I do not in the least condemn those who have villas in Miami or the French Riviera, who cannot make do without foie gras, oysters or gender freedom as they call it....it is a sign of belonging to the superior caste, the superior race.

...we must reduce poverty and inequality by the end of the year. This issue remains quite solvable even now. I ask the Government and the regions to focus on this task. I will add that we understand that it is not only an economic issue but also one of social justice.

[en.kremlin.ru]

racocn8 9 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So he’s def going with Nazi Ukrainians were going to nuke us. Eh? That’s gonna work well enough for China, India, and 140 others but not for me. It indicates, to me, that Vlad has 0 intention of pulling back. Good because it will likely remain embarrassing. The downside is that he will occupy the nation until death.

If we take Ukraine's claimed kills and destruction as true, the Ukrainians have done well. Once armed with more of the same and perhaps better, the material costs may finally give Putin pause. Another scenario is that he keeps going until the Ukrainians actually decimate the Russian forces. Either way, Ukraine may well want to use a failed war to recover Donbass and Crimea. Using poison gas, bio, or nuclear weapons may insure Putin's loss.

Fundamentally, the world and Russia must confront the problem of nuclear weapons being wielded by unfit personalities, people who are psychopathic criminal-minded thugs dedicated to a corrupt kleptocracy. The problem is that Russia is merely a more extreme example of what is wrong with countries across the globe.

@racocn8 Well said.

Thanks for posting your source, as you always do, so that we have some assurance that the quote is accurate. Once we know the quote is accurate, we can proceed to determine whether it is valid. There is a lot to digest there but this is certainly the first time I've heard him speak in such terms.

The situation would be much easier to understand if we could presume that everything that we hear is true, but the conflicting accounts make that impossible. But this does not at all sound like someone who is anxious to resort to nuclear weapons.

In America, most politicians avoid words like "social justice" like the plague.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656797
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.