Agnostic.com

4 1

BBC: The Power of Ukraine's Nazis - Why Zelensky has to tolerate them.
These militias are now part of the regular Ukraine army. They have been unleashed against Russian speakers in the East since 2014.

The truth about Ukraine can be found in various Western reports prior to 2022. Remember, this is BBC, not RT.

Krish55 8 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So you think the wholesale murder of Ukrainians of all backgrounds is justified.

How does that conclusion follow from this post?

Another troll

Putin supporter and secret Nazi

Ah, the Heretic acusation for not following the one true religion of UKRAINISM.

Soooooo, maybe We should be judged by The Proud Boys?
QUISLING!!!

Good comparison!

If we were to incorporate the proud boys and similar militias into the US military, there definitely would be cause for worry.

And that's precisely what Ukraine did with its neo nazis. That's why it is a concern there.

@Krish55 sooo, you think our military (and Congress!) are Proud Boy (& whatever) free? sadly ROFLMAO at your naivete

@AnneWimsey No country apart from Ukriane has dedicated Nazi battalions organized and indoctrinated under that ideology.

This is from 2014 when there was a popular uprising against the then government of President Yanukovych after he suddenly decided not to sign an agreed political association and free trade agreement with the EU and instead veer completely in the opposite direction, choosing closer ties to Russia and Eurasian Economic Union. This was after Ukraine’s MPs had democratically voted overwhelmingly to ratify the agreement with the EU. Russia had objected and put pressure on Yanukovych to disregard Parliament….this disregard for the democratic will of the people triggered the Maidan uprising and with it reignited the extreme Right party and it’s popularity which is entirely understandable under the circumstances. Prior to the uprising the far right party only had 2% support, but by disregarding the democratic will of the Ukrainian people Yanukovych and Russia managed to encourage more people to turn to them to resist being dragged back into Russia’s orbit and influence. The current democratically elected government is not far right or Nazi, but now Ukraine has a much increased far right element, although still a minority in the country. Naturally many of them will be in the armed forces, but we can only thank our friend Putin for the increase in nationalistic fervour in Ukraine since 2014 as he started this all off by interfering in the democratic will of Ukraine to be free from Russian domination and influence.

It's from a few years after 2014. There was subsequent repression of those who protested the coup. And the closing of opposition newspapers, etc. Under those conditions, there cannot be a free and fair election.

@Krish55. Oh please get some perspective….compared to the absolute repression of any and all opposition parties, shutting down of all independent news outlets, and arrest and lengthy imprisonment for individual citizens who dare to protest, in Putin’s Russia, the Ukraine’s far right minority party, although a problem, pales into insignificance. The government of Zelensky is not a far right repressive regime which shuts down all opposition voices in the way Putin does by poisoning or imprisoning opposition leaders …as witnessed just yesterday in the show trial in Moscow of Alexai Navalny!

Stop defending the indefensible !

@Marionville
I haven't defended anything. I'm explaining the full historical context that led up to the war.

The far right in Ukraine is more than a party. It is militant armed Nazi movement that threatens any Ukrainian president who tries to implement the Minsk accords which were designed to bring peace.

@Krish55 No…it was Russia, not Ukraine who broke the Minsk accords when Putin recognised the breakaway regions of Luhansk and Donetsk. They were supposed to be granted special status but still within Ukraine, by the Minsk agreement, not separate states aligned and under the control of Russia. Btw I don’t need you to tell me context, I’m fully aware if it already. I’m an intelligent adult who can read and follow events and make my own analysis and judgement.

@Marionville Putin only reconnized those states after Ukriane repeatedly failed to enforce the Minsk provision of autonomy. [bloombergquint.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.