Agnostic.com

1 0

$100 million media campaign depicts human side of Jesus in outreach to skeptics
‘We want people to be talking about Jesus and the gospel, and Christians having the opportunity to start conversations with people who've seen ads,’ said missiologist Ed Stetzer.

[religionnews.com]skeptics/

xenoview 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I advocate supporting this. There is nothing to be gained by denying His existence to them so we should simply reinforce his teachings. A liberal’s values are much like those of Jesus so bringing them back to Sermon On The Mt kind of thing is good for the political side, I should think. Christian hatred abates, I find, if I give them that Jesus existed. Taoism teaches that each one of us are god, as children within Tao, but that’s as far as I’ll go with it. They listen, a bit, and maybe it has an impact one night as they’re not sleeping.

@Garban Yeah. It immediately creates an opportunity for conversation. I'm tired to death of people just bashing each other with the exact same words and meaningless arguments. I think both sides are sincere, for the most part, but inarticulate and uncompromising.

@Garban I'm referring to conversations with adults who already have a POV. Also, I no longer try to convert them. I simply agree with a basic triviality, that Jesus existed and was a Buddha (basically), and hopefully what I say from there has a longer term effect. If not then I really don't care. I haven't had such a conversation in a long, long, time because I don't seek them. My desire is for humans of all stripes to leave me alone, for the most part. Evan's are lost so I wouldn't try with one of them, at all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.