Agnostic.com

6 2

Why is it that anyone who needs money to research something that may help many people cannot get the money to do so, while someone who is so uninformed that they think the earth is flat, or that the world is 4000 years old and dinosaurs were running rampant at the time, can get money given them by the boat load?

dalefvictor 8 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

According to a lecture I attended tonight, the flat Earth theory was pushed and used as a test theory by The Russian propagandists. They did this several years ago to identify suckers in preparation for the anti-Hillary campaign, and the later q-anon project.

Few people are truly altruistic. Most want something in return. It's mostly about giving for things that will benefit me, me and me!

Because the Ken Hams of this world have figured out how to exploit vulnerable people for their own vile ends.

In part, its market place economics.

If you care, then you are in the majority. And most people do care how they earn their money, and they like to feel their working lives are useful, at least to some degree. There are however, a few people, who will do anything, however harmful, to earn money, and the market favours them, simply because they are rare and the market pays a premium for what is in short supply, as long as there is some demand. So harmful products earn their producers the most.

That's not by any means all the reasons, but it is part of it.

Because people send money to things they believe in, and that's what you should do too !

A fool and his money are soon parted, and there are more fools than non fools in the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658436
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.