Agnostic.com

5 5

Really disgusted by a friend. Stated it was ok for stupid to slap insulting jerk.
I don't like stupid or jerk, but I think words don't justify violence.

PondartIncbendog 8 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The whole "dissed me" culture has now elicited a whole discussion on when violence is inappropriate. So if words are spoken that offend me, the acceptable response is assault? Howard Stern, Eric Andre` & other edgy comedians beware. The worst thing for Chris was if no one laughed. The worst thing for Will was what he actually did. Had Will made another joke back at Chris, that would have been far more appropriate.

A slap to the head lasts for a moment. Any well turned put down lasts forever.

You grossly underestimate the effects of violence. Assault and battery are also illegal. Will Smith is a POS.

It was SO much more than a slap. Will Smith humiliated that man in front of millions of viewers from around the world. No one will ever see Chris Rock — or Will Smith — the same again. That slap will live on forever. It was an utterly selfish, short-sighted, Neanderthal response.

Eff Will Smith.

No offence intended, brother. Thankfully not everyone has personal experience with violence and would therefore not necessarily be familiar with its significance, particularly in a violent culture.

It actually took me a couple of days to form a reaction to this situation, but touching someone in a way they don't want to be touched must be strictly prohibited.

@LovinLarge Kinda similar to me. The first day, I was just watching and reading about what happened. The next day, I woke up and was like: Fuck Will Smith. It really did take a couple of days to sink in … when it did, I was utterly appalled.

I would love to see Chris Rock sue him for exorbitant sums.

@Apunzelle Yes, exactly. I very much doubt this situation is over for Will Smith.

@LovinLarge @Apunzelle
a few of my comments on this post

Will Smith Refused To Leave Oscars After Slap, Academy Says

@LovinLarge

Will Smith has resigned from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences over slapping Rock, Variety reported citing a statement.

“I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work. I am heartbroken," Smith was quoted as saying.

@TimeOutForMe I sure hope he doesn't do anything crazy. With some time and self-reflection, he can come back from this but I think a lengthy time out is necessary. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

@Apunzelle I think Will Smith was the one humiliated. He responded with emotion as a child does. An adult would have a come back, verbally.

They had to follow the script to get their pay. That's why its called acting.

Arrogance in action! Fine example for young people...."I'm a big STAR....people suck up to me...."

Same.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658612
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.