Agnostic.com

19 6

Don't you hate it when they kill an animal in a movie and it's not necessary for the story?

Last year "The Shape of Water" won best picture. It upset me that the sea monster ate a cat and I thought it wasn't necessary for the plot. In the Wes Anderson film "Moonrise Kingdom" they killed a dog with a bow and arrow. This senseless killing turned me off. I wish Hollywood would think twice about killing animals in film.

ebdb 7 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"The Wild Bunch" movie broke so many horses legs that the Humane Society is now on set to monitor treatment of animals. At least we have made some progress. "The Last Picture" movie, with Dennis Hopper filmed in Mexico so they could kill a bunch of sheep for effect. What used to go on is now much less gratuitous tho so unnecessary.

The Shape of Water was a horrible film where we were supposed to feel sorry for the monster but it eats an obvious pet. I have read articles that say people get upset when dogs die but couldn’t care less about cats. I am the opposite so stopped watching at that point.

I don't care about animals at all. How about killing people? Do you care?

zesty Level 7 May 19, 2019

I think we can care about the senseless killing of animals while still caring about the senseless killing of people.

I was deeply upset when they killed off a wolf and horse on Dancing With The Wolves. It was totally unnecessary in my opinion.

I always wondered if "A Perfect Storm" had that ASPCA disclaimer at the end credits (No animals were harmed in the making of this film). Fake fish?

Gratuitous response/reaction. Hate it. There is enough ugly already.

Thankfully America has the AHA [humanehollywood.org] . lt's a shame it's not a law that the studios here are not required to have them onboard when filming outside the US. They have a list of movies they worked on if you care to check.

You talking actual killing? Or CGI movie killing? I want to make sure... Anyways, neighbor just captured a groundhog drilling hole under our tool shed and was relocated to the forest nearby, who lead me to think... wild animals don't live whole existance in one place.

Just saw a movie called The Cure For Wellness last month. There was an extremely graphic scene in which a moose runs out in to the road and gets hit by a car. Completely unneccesary to the forward motion of the story.

Are you sure the killing in "Moonrise" wasn't staged? Just saw it last month and thought it was, because I had the same reaction. Just think how many times it has happened in the name of "our god."

I was at a client’s house today. Fucker kept bragging about shooting a hog in his backyard, the vultures came and were chased off by a coyote, which he shot also. I swear the fucker’s dick was getting hard telling us about it. I didn’t say anything more to the pussy.

@JustKip indeed. At least he took care of the problem.

I hate when animal dies in any way in a movie, especially dogs. I can't watch 8 Below without welling up at the end and don't even get into Evil Walt Disney's earlier movies.

Do I hate it? Not really. Do I get an emotional response? Yes, and I think that is the point.

I don't like it either.

I completely agree with you.....having had cats and dogs over the years and having had to ultimately deal with losing them, it breaks my heart everytime I see the senseless killing of an animal in a movie. It seems the older I get, the less I like people and the more I love animals....
Hollywood should stick to just killing the people - not the animals.

I thought I was weird to be more upset about the demise of animals than humans but I agree

Oh Hell yes! I even root for Godzilla.

Hooray I'm not the only one.

It’s always heartbreaking for me.

This is exactly how I feel each and every day about real life. People need to quit killing animals. It's distressing. It's even more distressing because it's real and not just a movie. But, yes, I get your point. I have walked out of movies over the killing of a non-human Earthling.

I don't care if the people die, just the animals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.