Agnostic.com

2 2

The bunny in Australia is a feral introduced species. Accordingly many do not recommend it for easter. Why?

CSIRO have released this statement -

[blog.csiro.au]

FrayedBear 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my area relatives like my grandparents ate rabbit often. Sometimes it is the food that you have when nothing else is available. I have eaten rabbit but I would not be buying it if it was sold in stores and I would not be hunting it in normal conditions. If anyone remembers older cartoons of Bugs Bunny it would seem that once rabbit was a meal the public was aware of.

Myxomatosis put everyone off?

[en.wikipedia.org]

We can still buy rabbit at the butcher. I've had it once but was not impressed to retry.
I find the thought of eating hamster & some of those S.American small animals a bit off putting. There again here in Australia possum, koala, witchety grub, Moreton Bay bugs, snake and mutton bird have all been on the menu at times.

It has long been known that rabbits in Australia have no natural predators to control the rabbit population, leading the rabbit population . This results in a rabbit population explosion and a great nuisance.

There are a number (eagles, dingos, cats) but they breed too prolifically like Chinese, Indians, Africans, Muslims & support for Ukrainian fascist genocidal regimes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661309
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.