Agnostic.com

10 19

LINK Canadians consider certain religions damaging to society: survey - National | Globalnews.ca

Many Canadians now believe Catholicism, evangelical Christianity and Islam are more damaging to society than beneficial, a new survey shows, as people across the country continue to turn their backs on religion.

A new Angus Reid survey, released Monday, has shone a light on perceptions of certain religions in post-pandemic Canada, at a time when religiosity in the country is already at an all-time low.

snytiger6 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

finally some good news!

It's sad that this country will not consider that. It shows Canada is more enlightened that this country ever will be.

oNLZ SOME_

Apart from less religion, we also don’t worship weaponry to the extent that Americans do.

Yes, some of us Americans find gun worship pretty disturbing.

What else can one expect when in a Religious belief, Chrustianity (sorry deliberate typo, christianity) is founded upon an ASSUMED Leader who states, " Think not that I have come to bring Peace, for I have come bearing the Weapons of War and I shall set Son against Father, Brother against Brother....."
Ask yourselves that, are those the words of a Herald of Love and Peace or the words of a Harbinger of Death, Destruction and Hatred ?

Actually they sound a lot like the words of Donald Trump. A harbinger of death, destruction and hatred if ever there was one.

If I were King immigration would be banned for any religious person. They would have to get a temporary approval card, carefully report any business transactions made within this nation, and be quickly deported for proselytizing or trying to create a Church. Seriously. All nationalities would be welcome but if any tried to import religion I would remove them.

Exactly what Christian Nationalist would love to put in place. 😁

I totally sympathize with the sentiment, but in practice it just wouldn't fly.

@Flyingsaucesir It would in my Kingdom. I'm in full agreement with what China is doing.

@rainmanjr We shall see how that turns out...if we live that long 🤣

@OldMetalHead Giving ultimate loyalty to a being other than the state is sacrilegious for a politician. Some use religion, as an opiate, but business and law (which is also business) are state products. Defending the state from enemy's (which is how China sees religion) is proper. Altruistic? I do not place stock in such an idea. All life ultimately operates for its own benefit so one would expect a god to do the same so such loyalty might be destructive for the state.

@OldMetalHead That is a political complaint aside from the subject of what to do about dogmatic religion. I would not want the greater aspect of Xi's agenda but I see no other way to deal with a disease as ingrained as dogmatic religion.

At least some people are coming to their senses.

Betty Level 8 Apr 18, 2022

Like Europe, they are evolving as we in the US go in reverse.

Merci beaucoup.

@NostraDumbass de rien!

I think the Canadians have got it right. "Religion poisons everything," to quote the late great Christopher Hitchens.

I agree with that group, many religious sects are dangerous, degrading, and dehumanizing.

I agree whole-heartedly and add that imo the ONLY Good Religion is a Dead Religion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.