Agnostic.com

7 20

LINK Satanists will sue PA school district for rejecting After School Satan Club

Public school board members in Pennsylvania banned the formation of a non-Christian club at Northern Elementary School after after angry parents complained it would allow “evil” into the school. The proposal to form an After School Satan Club was struck down on an 8-1 vote by the Northern York County School District board Tuesday night.

That short-sighted vote came after hundreds of parents attending a meeting, mostly to speak out against the Satanists.

Nothing screams “I’m insecure about my faith” like a religious person saying he hates something without doing any research on it.

snytiger6 9 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If those parents think Satan is scary wait until they read the Bible... it's loaded with murder, torture, and violence.

I say “Heil SATAN”!!

Remember back when Dana Carvey's Church Lady on SNL was more of a fictional character than someone from our real life culture wars? "Could it be......., SATAN???"....

If they allow Christian groups (e.g. The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, a group that met regularly in a school where I worked) then they should allow a Satanic group too. Fair's fair.

And constitutional is constitutional!

Fair's fair, except to theocrats who are showing their true colors.... The mob was showing their frustration with how long it might take for them to move on to banishing all non-believers and burning heretics at the stake, like the good ole days.... Unfortunately, my city is full of ignoramous theocrats like that and the same kind of mob would show up here if someone tried to start a school Satanist club. In fact, a similar mob of MAGA types showed up at a school board meeting when the board voted to impose a mask mandate.

The pricks were so smug and arrogant that one of them even threatened the board members, on camera, because they are also dumb as a rock, that they knew where they lived and would be stalking them. This was right in front of the cops that were there to provide security....

@TomMcGiverin These people are scary. If we're not careful, we'll have here what they have in Ukraine.

@Flyingsaucesir That is my fear, but, for the first time in my life, I have a potential war that seems worth getting out in the streets and fighting for. If it comes to that, I would rather be out there fighting these theocrat fascists in the streets than sitting at home waiting for them to eventually come and get me or take me away. Nothing before this has ever seemed worth risking my life for or worth fighting against. Not Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other phony wars fought in my lifetime for corporate America.

@TomMcGiverin I feel the same way. And I think Trumpers who think liberals won't fight are making a dangerous miscalculation. (I have been a gun owner all my adult life.)

@Flyingsaucesir I am not a gun owner, but if the time comes, I plan to be ready by then and have started hearing about plenty of lefties who are starting to buy guns and learn how to shoot, because they see the writing on the wall...

Another example of msm (and Xians) mis-characterising The Satanic Temple as 'Satanists' :

[en.wikipedia.org]

Msm?

Mainstream media

I used to live and work in York county. Near to that school district is Dover which people may remember from their school board take over in the 90's for the teaching of intelligent design. A small group of parents sued and, in the end, the district had to change and was ordered to pay, at taxpayers expense over 3 million dollars. That group of parents didn't take the damages awarded as they were fighting for a set purpose. Thus, the district only lost about 1.5 million in court and lawyers fees. The voters voted out that school board. HIT THE BASTARDS FINANCIALLY.

I remember that Dover case. The judge ruled that Intelligent Design is just religion masquerading as science.

@Flyingsaucesir The school board forced the school to tell science students that intelligent design was a theory just like evolution. The science teachers refused, so, at the beginning of the school semester, some one from the administration came in and read a prepared statement.

@Beowulfsfriend i think it was a School Board member who read to the students...from a book titled From Pandas to People (?)

@Flyingsaucesir They did that in the elementary schools. At the HS, the board set a requirement to push intelligent design as a theory- not a requirement to teach it, but to bring it up. Thus the must read statement. There is a book out chronicling the entire disaster. Also, they needed to stress that evolution was a theory. The book pushed into the elementary level was "Of Pandas and People."

Satanist will win in court over this, or the school will close all religious clubs.

A win-win either way.

@BillF for sure!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.