Agnostic.com

3 4

The latest deflection and rationalization for Trump's actions regarding the insurrection, said to me on a date last night:
"Trump isn't responsible because the people who stormed the capitol knew what they were doing and had a choice not to do it. When Hitler told people to do something if they didn't do it they were killed."
When I suggested to her that Hitler didn't kill anyone personally so he wasn't responsible either under that line of reasoning she walked out.
Apparently, anyone short of Hitler is fine be the president. When I suggested to her that it would be nice if someone was qualified to be president because she had to be qualified for her job and I had to be qualified for mine, she said the only qualification in the Constitution is age. She also didn't like when I explained the definition of conspiracy in the law. Idiots abound.

lerlo 8 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Constitution also requires a natural born citizen for presidency. 😛

[en.wikipedia.org]

It's always somebody else's fault.🤔

In this case there's even a name for it -- the Nuremberg Defense.
Hitler wasn't absolved at the Nuremberg trials and neither were the defendants.
If I remember right, 10 Nazis were executed by hanging.

Maybe Trump could simplify things by committing suicide (or disappearing off to South America). /Bad_Joke

Unless you were on a blind date, you might want to consider qualifying your candidates first. 😉 Life is too short to waste time attempting to reason with Trumpanzees.

@p-nullifidian Scarily enough, and this isn't the first time it's happened, I specifically have in my profile no trumper's and if you voted for him or think he won the election you don't have the character I'm looking for. She said she was going to tell me before we met but... she didn't finish the end of that sentence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.