Agnostic.com

4 27

The girl I'm mentoring won $35,409 in scholarships so far. Hooray!

Today Alexandria received six-emails from scholarship committees notifying her that she won. We are so excited! A great start.

She also won the Washington Opportunity Scholarship for up to $20,000/year for each year of her bachelor degree. She will find out how much she won in the first week of May.

Today we met after school to work on two-scholarships, bringing her total to 44- applications. Love how she writes drafts before we meet. All we have to do is polish, not start from scratch.

"I just got an email!" Alexandria said excitedly. "It's another scholarship award!"

I insisted she apply for local music scholarships. So far, she won two-music scholarships. In her junior and senior years, Alexandria has been first flute and flute section leader in band, orchestra and marching band. "But what if I don't want to play flute in college?" she asked. "I've been playing music all my life." She plays flute, violin, bass guitar and acoustic guitar.

"They're not going to check on you at University of Washington," I reassured her.

My goal is to have her graduate from college with no debt. She will need to do work-study jobs and work during summer vacations.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She is fortunate to have you.

@Shaggy2018

Thank you. Since 2006 as a volunteer, I have been helping first generation students (children of immigrants) write essays for college and scholarship applications. One of my best success stories is Brenda who won $269,445 in scholarships in 2016.

Brenda won the international Questbridge scholarship for $224,000. She had a choice of Ivy League universities. She chose Wesleyan University in Connecticut, considered a little Ivy.

She is becoming a medical doctor and Ph.D pathologist. Brenda wants to cure diseases.

Awesome! Congrats!

Big achievement for her and you well done both of you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.