Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK New audio of Rep. McCarthy raise questions about his integrity : NPR

(McCarthy has/had integrity?)

(For an audio version of the article, follow the link)

The Republican Party faces a new moment of reckoning tied to its top leaders and the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Newly released recordings of private phone conversations contradict what House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy has said publicly about the insurrection. One was from just days after the siege. And on that recording, McCarthy says that former President Trump accepted some responsibility for the actions of his supporters.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

KEVIN MCCARTHY: But let me be very clear to all of you, and I've been very clear to the president. He bears responsibility for his words and actions, no ifs, ands or buts. I asked him personally today, does he hold responsibility for what happened? Does he feel bad about what happened? He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened, and he needs to acknowledge that.

SIMON: Trump has not done that. He's never acknowledged responsibility publicly. The recordings were released by New York Times reporters Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns. They've written a book about the 2020 election. NPR congressional correspondent Claudia Grisales joins us.

snytiger6 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anything to get Trump and company in prison sooner. The bs might settle quicker if done.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.