Agnostic.com

58 3

What are your thoughts on sleeping in the bed with multiple pets?

Example. I once dated a woman that had three cats and the cats were used to sleeping with her. I wasn't very comfortable sleeping at her place. If we closed them out the room they would scratch the door and meow all night. With the bedroom door open they would jump in and out of bed all night.

Shelton 8 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My cats are closer to me and know me better than any man currently does. I usually have anyone from 1 to 3 out of 5 cats sleeping with me every night. The purring is documented to have healing properties and help reduce Depression and Anxiety. My cats help me sleep when my PTSD gives me nightmares, and they don't mind when I cry on them. They increase my health.

A long as they alow me my 1' square piece of blanket...it is freaking Amazing how much room 2 10-lb dogs can take up when they want to!

Try 3 30 pound dogs and a spouse, but it was a King bed.

1 at 40 pounds.
1 at 60 pounds.
1 at 75 pounds.
1 at 105 pounds.
The smaller one and the big one have to touch me, the other two are on the periphery. I'm glad it's a king size bed.
The smaller two are Mom's, the larger two are mine.
It beats sleeping alone.

@MacTavish You can stay warm in the winter also...

@buzz13 4 dog night.

@MacTavish HaHa!

@MacTavish, @buzz13 A Spouse? You allowed a Spouse on there? WTF, man?

My cat doesn't sleep on my bed, ever. I kind of wish he did though.

IMO it's unhealthy....you could end up with a dog or cat disease. But if you are sleeping with hamsters, remember they burrow into tight places.

...and the winner for Best Comment!?

@FinchiMcQ Thank you so much for the honor you have bestowed on me.

I'm ok with one dog, but not during intimacy. LOL
I keep mine pretty clean and hell, I'm alone still, but it thankfully wasn't a thing before.

My bed is just for me. Her Royal Cuteness has her own. I don't sleep in hers, she doesn't sleep in mine.

@Shelton Indeed she is!

@Shelton Thank you! She is the joy of my life.

I have 2 dogs with me nightly.

Mine sleep in my room, cat jumps on me when she wants me to get up.

My dog sleeps on my bed. She's not huge and she doesn't move about or make noise (apart from some occasional bad-dream whimpers--and then I'm glad she's near me so I can comfort her until she settles). I'm not huge and I don't move around or make noise either, so we can share a bed peacefully. She's an old, sweet, gentle dog and I love her dearly. She's been "spoiled" with love her whole life; not sleeping in a bed with either of her "pet parents" would be stressful and effectively punitive for her.

That said, if I were in a different kind of situation with a different animal and I were not sleeping comfortably through the night, the animal would get the iron-fist training until it had conformed to some other suitable arrangement (if it were mine--I don't see myself sleeping in anyone else's bed: I've become a terribly picky sleeper in my old age). I have no problem laying down the law with animals--especially dogs.

I have four poodles and I couldn’t imagine not sleeping with them. I have one on each side of my head, one at my side,and one at my feet. I sleep really well that way and wake up refreshed 🙂

Sick!

@Marinersd in your opinion. I’d rather them than an old man, eeew sick! 🙂

No pets on the bed. It's unhealthy and keeps you up at night. Read on:

[sheknows.com]

"Get that dog off the bed!" I shrieked. "He just stuck his nose up my butt!" Coitis interruptus.

He didn't put the dog in a different room with the door closed, as I requested. I quickly got dressed and left, disgusted.

If the animals are healthy - and you're healthy - nothing unhealthy about it ... though certainly sleeping with pets is not for everyone.

I can't sleep with my cat. He keeps me up at night kissing me. Drives me crazy

My 2 cats sleep on my bed most nights. I enjoy their presence. I wouldn't want to sleep with dogs though.

?

Cat sleeps with me. We have a nightly ritual where he wants to go under the covers. He paws my shoulder and I let him under. Lays by my side and I scratch him for a few minutes. I turn over to go to sleep he climbs out from under and sleeps on the bed the rest of the night.

I've had cats since 1986 and never known one who ever went under the covers or even considered it.

@BobbyJaan the cat I gave now will duck under the spread in the winter. He's the first that even gave it a look though.

I'm ok with my cat and dog but they sleep with my daughter now.

Doesn't bother me. I've got two cats and one sleeps in the middle of my back and the other pressed up against my lower legs. If they're in the bed with me then they're not destroying my house.

GwenC Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

I would not be comfortable with animals in my bed !

Blahhhk--nasty, germy, irritating--no thanks

Ugh. Not for me.

Same here.

Animals are animals and they run run around all day. Dirty feet. You want that in you - hopefully - clean bed?

Litter box paws are still cleaner than shoes you wear outside, but you walk around with those in the house all the time.

No pets or food in bed.

No no and fuck no.

Not for me - but I know a lot of people who do sleep with their pets. To each his own...

Crazy cat lady!! Unless the Alpha sets the rules, another pack alpha will make other rules. DECIDE - are you willing to live in a home where a 4-legged beast runs the home?

People who can't nurture another living creature have a higher chance of not being able or willing to nurture you.
All within reason of course. No one should have to put up with a biter. I draw the line at sexy time. The dog can wait until it's over.
Man was I SPOILED. F!!!!!

Smicro84. That ship has Sailed.....

@Qualia One can nuture without sleeping with them, JS

@nvrnuff true but the tone....some people think they're disposable. "Runs" the home. Ok, well sure, they do. They're family.
Look I spent all my life waiting to be an adult so my animals could be inside and sleep with me. It's not negotiable. Guy would have to be rich Jesus and everything else under the sun for me to compromise on having ONE CLEAN dog on the bed.

@nvrnuff Like I said. I must have been spoiled AF. Hard to top that.

@Qualia To each their own.

@SACatWalker Thank you. I figure all this stuff needs to be sussed prior.
I'm leery of those who weren't raised with a modicum of animal husbandry.
In the case with my late dh he only had one dog until we met.

Very thankful he indulged my doberman fixation and let me give him the "itis" too.
Judging from some of the responses he set the bar very high in that area. Whatcha gonna do. You'll get my doberman out of my cold dead hands.

I’m not a fan of cats, they shed and I can’t take the smell. But my poodles ate probably cleaner than most people, nicer as well.

I have always had 3 or 4 cats and a dog or two. My cats always sleep with me. All of my cats are gone except one now, and I did like to have them sleep with me. My little cat that I still have is a Cornish Rex, and is like a little hot water bottle, so is very nice and warm in the winter. When I travel with my dog, she sleeps on the bed with me. She is a 120 lb Cane Corso, and she is very nice to sleep with. She stretches out next to me, and if I move, she does too. At home she sleeps on the couch. She has her own blanket and pillow.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.