Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Kansas lawmaker complains about sharing a bathroom with a trans colleague : NPR

TOPEKA, Kan. — LGBTQ rights advocates called Tuesday for a Kansas state lawmaker to be formally censured after she publicly said she didn't want to share the women's restrooms at the Statehouse with a transgender colleague.

The Kansas House's top Republican called GOP state Rep. Cheryl Helmer's comments "unfortunate" and Democrats condemned them. The state's leading LGBTQ rights lobbyist saw "a new level of toxic bigotry" in Helmer's emailed remarks to a University of Kansas student and subsequent interviews about Democratic state Rep. Stephanie Byers.

snytiger6 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Republicons. They invent problems because they refuse to address real problems.

I don’t blame her for not wanting to share a bathroom with a transgender who is a biological male. That’s just common sense.

I'm literally shocked that any Republican said anything positive about transgenders using the bathroom of their choice.

Not a surprise in a red state with some tolerance.

Soooo, she thinks she is incredibly attractive, in a Lesbian way, or....?

Her greatest fear, being found attractive, is now her reality. I think all restrooms should have locking stalls and be uni-sex. If it's vacant then whomever gets there first wins.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.