Agnostic.com

9 16

LINK Youth pastor who was "betrothed" to 14-year-old girl charged with sexual abuse

When Robert Fenton was 26 and a youth pastor at Abide In the Vine Fellowship in Owego, New York, he told a couple that attended the church that he was drawn to their daughter and “meant to be with her.”

She was 14 at the time.

The church didn’t allow them to get married because of the age difference, but her family approved a “courtship” with the support of church leaders. There were boundaries present, and the two weren’t supposed to be alone or touch each other, but they could write letters until she was of legal age.

None of that stopped him from pursuing her. In fact, she later said she was “betrothed” to him, while her parents admitted Fenton would often “push the boundaries.” They had no idea how seriously he was doing that.

For example, at his request, they pulled her out of her public school and began homeschooling her. They were led to believe they were helping their daughter academically, but it also created an opportunity for Fenton to spend more private time with her outside of prying eyes. He started visiting their home a few times a week. That’s when the sexual assaults began. First with his fingers. Later with her hands.

snytiger6 9 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A christian pedophile. How unexpected.

(You might, just possibly, detect a slight hint of sarcasm there)

Asshole.

Please send him via parcel post over my way, I've had lots and lots of experience in what we call "lamb marking, i.e. removing the testes from lambs so they cannot breed later with either their mothers or sisters, etc.
Usually all I take is about 90 seconds to make a young ram 2 "stones" lighter by just 2 quick nicks with a very, very sharp knife and simply squeeze the two 'stones' out , snip them off and apply so antibiotic powder and a dab of coal tar to the wound.
But with scum like Fenton, well firstly I would need to make the knife a whole lot duller, then between each separate nick I would need a rest of maybe 7-10 minutes, then a good solid pair of heavy duty, spring-loaded metalworking tongs to grasp the offending "boy berries" firmly and very tightly of course since do not want any mishaps now do we.
And whilst cutting to remove the "boy berries" I would require someone to assist but gently dribbling boiling highly salted water over the operation site to keep it clean and disinfect it as well.
And after I have finished, then he can make application to join ANY Choir in ANY major Catholic Cathedral in or around Rome as a full soprano.

Using the bibble to abuse trust, "faith-based lunacy", yep.

I hope he gets abused in prison.

Unfortunately and most regrettably they do tend to keep such low-scum as far away from the General Population in prisons as possible to " keep the safe from the unwanted attentions of the other prisoners" as is the claim BUT the fact is that FILTH of his kind are 100% Free game because the hardened criminals see those pieces of filth as being the WORST of the WORST and are fair game for each and every other inmate.

Fenton and all those who facilitated this need to be in prison.

But for many religio insane families the answer to their daughter being raped and impregnated by a grown man is to have him marry her.

He was only 26 in that pic?

He looks about 40.

And I have not ever met a youth minister that was not a pedo trying to groom and sexually assault young teens.

And the parents will be fine with it. And angry with their child if they complain

"Don't you dare bestain the reputation of this fine, young, godly man!"

Any grown man whose church service involves work with underage children should be instantly suspect of wanting to use his junk as a teaching aid.

@Sgt_Spanky Yes and imo SUSPENDED by his said JUNK until the junk rots and falls off.

The assaults took place in 98. This appears to be a recent picture of him….🤔

@Sgt_Spanky Or coaching or anything of that nature if someone seeks unsupervised access to children.

@Sgt_Spanky, @Buck It has taken nearly 25 years for him to face consequences?

@BufftonBeotch Don’t take my word for it, read the article….🤨

@BufftonBeotch Even better idea. Grown men who want to work with children should have to undergo a vetting process that is intense to the point of being intrusive. You just can't trust anyone's intentions.

Cranial lead poisoning ought to be utilized.

No, in cases like this Way to swift and way too painless.
I have many a victim of child sexual abuse amongst my thousands of case files and was a victim of it myself when I was just over 10years old, so anything quick and virtually painless is, imo, just giving the filthy rotten Scum a ""get out of trouble Free" card which they do NOT deserve.
They have caused their victim/s to endure absolute pain, agony, shame, humiliation, etc, etc, that we carry with us for our entire lives so WHY not let us return the "favour" to them for a change PLEASE.

@Triphid I see your point.

That wording is close to what earned me a FB 30 day banishment.
I said anyone trying to overthrow the US government again should experience rapid onset lead poisoning.

@BufftonBeotch Yeah, I politely asked Ben Shapiro to stop breathing, and fb suspended me for a week.

From the look of his photo, I could see why he would have had trouble attracting a woman his own age.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.