Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Pastor Jack Schaap, who groomed a teenage girl for sex, is out of prison

Pastor Jack Schaap is out of prison.

I didn’t think I’d be saying that until his scheduled release date next February, but the Federal Bureau of Prisons now says he’s a free man.

BREAKING: According to <a href="https://t.co/sR3NkzgsW6," rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" class="forumlink">[t.co],</a> Jack Schaap – former pastor of First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana – was released yesterday, May 4, 2022.

This was confirmed by a staff member at FCI in Ashland, KY over the phone

He was originally to be released 2/2/23. pic.twitter.com/hdQyIWb0zK

Schaap (which rhymes with “cop&rdquo was a church leader whose fundamentalist preaching stood in stark contrast to the crime he eventually committed. And since it’s been a long time since people may have heard his name, it’s worthwhile to remember who this monster was and what he did.

Who is Jack Schaap?

The First Baptist Church of Hammond, Indiana used to be one of the largest Independent Fundamentalist Baptist churches in the country when Schaap became its leader in 2001. It had previously been led by a man named Jack Hyles, who helped the church attract upwards of 20,000 people per week by promoting his brand of fundamentalism; Schaap had married Hyles’ daughter. (More recently, “New IFB” preachers like Steven Anderson and Jonathan Shelley have taken the baton when it comes to fire-and-brimstone preaching, even celebrating the murder of LGBTQ people and calling for the government to execute anyone guilty of sodomy.)

When Schaap took over, he used the pulpit to denounce rock music, teach women how to find a good man (“… keep your weight down to the proper level&rdquo😉, and, uh, polish his shaft:

snytiger6 9 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not far from me. I remember when this went down. He'll find a church home, I'm sure.
Thx for posting this, I did not catch wind of this from any local sources. The latest story in my local paper was from March 25.........

twill Level 7 May 11, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.