Agnostic.com

0 6

Mothers Day can be a mixed bag of happy and sad for many and an emotional day depending on individual circumstances. This is especially true this week when the national news might have triggered many of us to recall traumatic experiences from our past regarding birth or non-birth of babies we do not have in our lives.

This is the meme my daughter posted on FB today, before phoning me for my Mothers Day call. I think it hits on many of the various reasons some of us find Mothers Day to be a difficult day mixed with happiness for our good experiences with motherhood.

Many of us are also thinking about (or mourning) our mothers who were not ideal, but did the best they were able to with what they knew at the time. So, in a way it's a day to forgive ourselves and our mothers for not being perfect.

Julie808 8 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665163