Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Steve Schmidt: Palin Is 'Unwell,' Shouldn't Serve Public 'Even As a Crossing Guard'

Former Republican strategist Steve Schmidt on Sunday laced into former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, blasting her as a "degenerate liar" who should not be afforded the opportunity to once again hold "a position of public trust."

Palin, who served as the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee under the late Sen. John McCain, is currently running for Congress.

In a Twitter thread, Schmidt, who was a senior campaign strategist and advisor to McCain during the senator's unsuccessful 2008 presidential bid and pushed Palin as a running mate for the GOP nominee, launched a litany of attacks on the ex-governor.

"When the campaign ended I refused to let Sarah Palin speak," Schmidt wrote of the concession speech that he put into motion for McCain to offer on election night in Arizona. "I placed the phone call to Barack Obama for the concession and did everything I could to make sure a beautiful speech wasn't disgraced by the nut ball from Alaska."

snytiger6 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The man is not wrong. If she became vice president, it would have sent the women's movement back a couple centuries.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665278
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.