Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Republican Tom Reed resigns from Congress

Republican Congressman Tom Reed of New York announced Tuesday that he will resign his seat, effective at the end of the day, cutting his last term a few months short. Reed announced his retirement from Congress in March 2021 after being accused of sexual misconduct.

snytiger6 9 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

True, but the party difference is that the Repubs usually protect and rally around their sexual abusers, while the Dems usually condemn theirs and force them to resign. Which always leaves me wondering why so many women still vote for Rebubs. I guess they must be in denial, think it could never happen to them or their daughters, etc., or maybe they are just so cold-hearted they don't care about victims.

I vote for three. Like the wacky Muslims, the Christian fundies believe any woman who gets sexually molested or raped must have provoked the good Christian man into doing it with her slutty ways. Unless of course they are actually the victim. But, as seen with some of these pastors, even then they tend to blame themselves or their family member.

Sexual misconduct has no favorite Party. It’s a power thing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.