Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Biden: Same-sex marriage next if Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade

President Biden said at a Chicago fundraising event Wednesday that if the Supreme Court were to overturn Roe v. Wade, it could next strike down other rights like same-sex marriage and contraception access.

snytiger6 9 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Contraception is next along with health care, Church-state Separation, LBGTQ rights, democracy. The whole country is on the line.

Dems are so fucking stupid. The hypothetical (although likely true) isn't necessary. Stick with the outrage to women before passing that over for how it affects the gays. It's time to threaten the Q's, IMO, so they have a clear picture of what the new America looks like.

Because women can fight this alone, who needs LGBTQ people.......(estimated 10-20 of the population, plus their friends & parents?)?!!?
IMO you need to think this through a bit more, Biden is 100% right on this,we All need to mobilize against the removal of All hard-won protections!

@AnneWimsey Gay people (like me) understand what this means and I feel dirty if we respond only because we're next. The outrage to human decency and health had better be enough. If it's only fear for my own tribe that I fight then my own tribe has blood on its hands. No?

I think another Healthcare right is next. Obamacare is next. Alito tipped his hand when he wrote that they won't overrule other 'Privacy' issues.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.