Agnostic.com

1 5

Nabbed this from a fundie "friend." So close to realizing, but what a swing and a miss. The picture that I am too lazy to include is somebody drowning and somebody else on a pier saying "just pray about it."

THIS IS DEEP!
Church, Leaders, Pastors, Friends, pay much attention!
โ€œSo, please, for the love of God stop saying things like this when people need ACTUAL help and ACTUAL advice for their problems and issues.
If someone is drowning because of an issue that is plaguing them such that they cannot even think straight, telling them to "just pray about it" is not what they need in this situation.
In fact, the Bible says something similar to this in the book of James,
"Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, โ€œGo in peace; keep warm and well fed,โ€ but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." (James 2:15-17)
This is equivalent to saying "just pray about it" or "I will just pray for you."
It's important that Scripture actually commands us to not just use our words, but to actually help people and serve them,
"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3:18)
The people in the church are hurting and no one even knows, as Leaders and Pastors it is your dutty to help not by just praying but by taking a time and guiding them. SPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE SERVING!! They are always giving but not receiving, they need that one on one.
Don't just pray about it.
Don't just tell them to pray about it.
Don't just offer words of exhortation.
Humble yourself and to actually SERVE and HELP those who are drowning in sorrows, in issues, and in problems. Do not judge but offer guidance and dicipline.
That's what Jesus did.
Keep Thinking!
Credits: Kyle Barrington

PadraicM 7 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As best I can paraphrase this one.

I was naked. And you questioned the modesty of my appearance.
I was unjustly imprisoned. And you sent me inspirational books saying how a free mind can never be behind bars and explained how bad it would look if you associated with the incarcerated.
I was penniless. You talked about all your tax-deductible donations to your church.
I was sick. And you bragged of prayer giving you your good health.
I hadn't eaten in three days and was so hungry. You told me to feed upon the word of god.
I was living under a bridge and you said god will provide shelter.
I was lonely and needed a friend and you ended the call in two minutes saying you needed to pray.
You would pray for me.
Wow.
Thanks.

Excellent post!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Redheadedgammy If we see the face of a loved one in the face of suffering we are far less likely to casually ignore it.

@BufftonBeotch Explains a lot about a certain segment of society. Until something affects them personally they donโ€™t care.

@Redheadedgammy ...or it simply doesn't exist

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.