Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Republican-leaning areas continue to face more COVID deaths : NPR

NPR examined COVID deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which most Americans could find a vaccine if they wanted one. Those living in counties that voted 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.26 times the death rate of those that went by the same margin for Biden. Counties with a higher share of Trump votes had even higher mortality rates.

The scale of the preventable loss of life is staggering. According to a recent analysis by Brown University, nearly 320,000 lives nationwide could have been saved if more people had chosen to get vaccinated. The Brown analysis also shows a partisan split in how those preventable deaths are distributed. States that went most heavily for Trump – including Wyoming and West Virginia – have among the highest rates of preventable deaths, while states that voted heavily for Biden – such as Massachusetts and Vermont – had among the lowest.

snytiger6 9 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it kills those Trump loving morons, it will help with over population of the rock we sit on.

Bugger. I am beginning to run out of Darwin Awards - there are far too many idiots in this world permanently removing themselves from the gene pool. Hmm, on second thoughts ...

Can't we get some new, more lethal strains here?

At some point, it is po9ssible that the more contagious virus will mutate into something more dangerous.

bobwjr Level 10 May 19, 2022

So what happens when the next election allows more repubs to get elected, then the Covid virus mutates and takes them all out? Remember this is a fake problem.

Natural selection.

I feel delighted that racist, sexist MAGA zealots are dying from their stupidity.

"The wages of sin is death!". No.

"The price of lethal ignorance is death.". Yes.

When they recently announce the death tool reached one million, I keep in mind that it is only the official death toll. I suspect the actual death toll, including those who were never diagnosed is probably at least 50% higher.

Can’t say this makes me sad! Like the Lemmings migrating over a cliff, certain things just make sense according to the laws of nature.

Talk about a death cult! Them Republicators really have a sense of commitment to ignorance at any cost, don’t they?

skado Level 9 May 19, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.