Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK An Idaho atheist is about to become State Senator. He's a Republican.

Idaho is on the verge of electing a Republican atheist to the State Senate. And virtually no one saw it coming.

Geoff Schroeder isn’t merely an atheist. He’s the type of guy who owns the “ATHEIST” license plate in the state—and has it signed by Richard Dawkins.

(I'd like to think of this as a good thing, but my experience with republican atheists is that they sill carry all the religious based dogma of the fellow republicans when it comes to LGBT+ issues, as well as having similar views to other republicans when it come to women and people of color.)

snytiger6 9 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ayn Randian piece of shit.

Having bumped into Conservative Atheists on this site, I don't find it very reassuring. But the fact that it will make the Idaho Fascist Nationalist Christian Republicans throw up in their throats a bit to vote for him is kind of satisfying!

I would not vote for him. I am far more concerned with a candidate's political philosophy than I am their religious affiliation.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.