Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Oklahoma lawmakers approve abortion bill that critics say is nation's most restrictive: "Worst-case scenario"

Oklahoma's Legislature gave final approval Thursday to another Texas-style anti-abortion bill that providers say will be the most restrictive in the nation once the governor signs it. The bill by Collinsville Republican Rep. Wendi Stearman would prohibit all abortions, except to save the life of a pregnant woman or if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest that has been reported to law enforcement.

snytiger6 9 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Laughing icon because I think this pro-god anti-everyone else strategy is going to work against Cons. OK may not turn blue but I'm sure women in red-leaning states are taking notice. They just aren't being reflected in polls because hipsters aren't answering polls yet. People don't start paying attention until late Summer (baby formula might have got a small uptick early). A lot of them are going to be shocked by what's been going on when they do.

I am pretty sure the draconian laws republicans are putting in place for when Roe gets overturned will cause a significant backlash.

For the last 50 years republicans have focused so much on overturning Roe, that they really haven't paid attention to changes in societal views on abortion, and now that they will get their way, the vast majority of society no longer wants to stop abortions.

@snytiger6 Well, then, overturning Roe now is good for us (Dems). That's really all that's important so I hope SCOTUS does affirm the Brief.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.