Agnostic.com

7 11

STOP RAPING US!

Brave mostly naked women stormed the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, protesting sexual torture and rape of women by Russian military forces in Ukraine. In addition to the Ukrainian flag on her chest, this activist had red handprints painted on her stomach, around her vulva and on dirty underwear.

Horrifying reports of rape have been coming out of Ukraine since the Russian invasion began in late February. Lyudmyla Denisova, Ukraine’s ombudswoman for human rights, told NPR that Russian soldiers “systematically raped” two dozen women and girls in the capital suburb of Bucha in early May. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told reporters that Russians committed “atrocities” in Bucha. “What we’ve seen in Bucha is not the random act of a rogue unit,” Blinken told reporters. “It’s a deliberate campaign to kill, to torture, to rape, to commit atrocities. The reports are more than credible. The evidence is there for the world to see.”

[jezebel.com]rape-in-u-1848955858?utm_source=jezebel_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-05-21

mischl 8 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Russia is being revealed as a country with no empathy. Being treated as slaves for a century has probably contributed to that.

I wonder about that. You would think that people who've been deprived of freedom would appreciate it even more.

@mischl if they have experienced freedom. They think they have elections, when in fact they have only one candidate to vote for.

Brave women

bobwjr Level 10 May 21, 2022

Hollywood theater . . . . which proves nothing. How about this for some REAL shit . . . . Ukrainians shooting Russian prisoners in the legs.

You will need to click "I understand and wish to proceed." Note the date it was posted. Also, what the US Media has not been telling you is that the murdering of Donbass citizens started in 2014, and, Donbass is majority Russian. So much for "Russian aggression.

Rape is a widespread problem in the entire world. Unless and until men demand change, there will not be change.

@MsKathleen True, however singling out Russia, just because a war is ongoing, and using fake propaganda to do so is the issue in question . . . . not to minimize the violation of woman in any way, people who use force to get what they want are some of the worst on the planet.

Good for her! I feel proud of her.

At age 19, my daughter was raped and beaten by a stranger. He attacked her when she was asleep in her bed at college. Over a decade later, Claire still wakes up screaming. She has PTSD.

Was he ever caught, prosecuted and punished?

@anglophone

Yes. He was prosecuted and sentenced to prison.

@LiterateHiker That is at least something to be grateful for, but that obviously does not do a lot for Claire. Is there anything that can be done for her? (Yes, that is probably an extremely silly question, as I guess both of you would already have asked it.)

@anglophone

At 32, Claire is getting counseling and EMDR therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for her PTSD.

She meditates daily. All of this is helping her.

[emdr.com]

On the unlikely chance you're not aware of this...

[ajp.psychiatryonline.org]

[nature.com]

The most dangerous person in the world is somebody who has nothing left to lose. She was obviously very close to that point.

Putin the Putrid needs to be tried for the war crimes committed by his army.

Her skirt was too short.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667504
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.