Agnostic.com

5 11

How to avoid getting an abortion.

JackPedigo 9 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But as we've been told, "Every sperm is sacred." 😉

Another great Monty Python song!

I kill of at least a mid size city population everytime I ejeculated. For every sperm is sacred to the religious. To me it showing I love myself and practice to be a better lover

Looks like those sperm balloon, know how to party.

Looks like we were on the same page here ... excellent comment!

When Ag. com got started I got into a long drawn out "conversation" with some members who thought they should spill their seed with impunity and encounter no consequences. It was a fascinating look at a very arrogant Republican male mind. I was heartened by the support I got from many on Ag.com. I ended up blocking several of those members, and many of them are no longer on the site. And it is a reminder that just because you're "god free" doesn't mean you're not an a--hole.

The question is where does one get to 'spill their seed.' For many conservatives it can only be where their god has intended. The mindset you encountered is a reflection on the basic animal instincts of the conservatives.

No joke, there are waiting lists to get vasectomies now.

MizJ Level 8 May 23, 2022

In my view, men should step up. After our 2nd child was born and appeared healthy at the age of 18 months, my spouse and I agreed that I would be 'snip-snip'ed.' Since then, we've met a number of couples who were already parents of more than one child and chose abortion rather than continue a disruptive unplanned pregnancy. In every case, the husband eschewed vasectomy. In my humble opinion, these men wimped out!

@p-nullifidian The men I know who have gone that route have all been pleased with the decision long term. It's my understanding that only the first day is a bit rough and that an ice pack was all that is needed.. The procedure for women is a tad more complicated, I never regretted it.

I heard that on NPR this morning but it dealt mainly with female sterilizations and would those too be limited in certain places.

@p-nullifidian So sad the the male ego pushes sterilization on the female. Years ago I heard a report the, world-wide, twice as many women get sterilized as men. Maybe we're just cowards and afraid of a little pain. Actually, when I got mine there was no pain.

@p-nullifidian, @MizJ A presentation to my ZPG group by a woman historian stated that, under the hunter gatherer societies, a limited population was understood. Instead of having to resort to infanticide often the males would give themselves vasectomies using rose thorns, OUCH.

@JackPedigo For many years there has been a shortage of OB/GYNs due to the fact that people sue if a kid is born with a hangnail and the malpractice insurance has become unaffordable. Vasectomies aere a much simpler procedure than tubal ligations but many men are squeamish about having a scalpel near their genitals. The responsibility for birth control has been born almost exclusively on women. It takes two and the responsibility should be on both parties.

@JackPedigo Maybe the threat of having 25% of their pay taken for child support will help them grow a pair.

@MizJ Let me address both your comments. I didn't know about the problem with malpractice insurance but am not surprised at our overly sue happy culture. When my 2nd partner and I were breaking up I heard about the higher number of women being sterilized as men. We were monogamous and both dealt with birth control but neither of us wanted any kids. Afterward, I felt stupid for not doing this sooner and got it done. My doctor was named Dr. Wonderly and it was an interesting experience. Maybe a lot of men were like me, clueless. Also, many 'macho' men are, at heart, cowards. I didn't give it a 2nd thought.

When my first wife and I got divorced the question of child support came up from my separation lawyers. I was told no judge would let the divorce be finalized without child support. My wife was having an affair with a naval officer and he made four times as much as I. I offered less than recommended and it was accepted. My wife even said she didn't need anything. Later, I stopped sending money and opened up a bank account for my daughter. I think her attitude met two things, assuaging her sense of guilt for the affairs and kidnapping our daughter and to prove to her family what a horrible dad I was in not paying enough (or later anything). That put more attention on me and less on her. BTW, my daughter lives near LA and we have a wonderful relationship. She got to experience, first hand the bipolarism her mother had and still has.

@MizJ I agree! What we’re talking about is OB/GYN services, which can be risky, but are most needed. Malpractice insurance cuts deeply into these docs’ ability to pay bills. When something goes wrong in a pregnancy, even when it has nothing to do with the doctor, patients are encouraged to sue. The insurance companies never want these cases to go to trial, as pictures of malformed infants (no matter whose fault it was) will surely sway the emotional predilection of any jury, so lawyers settle. All of this has a huge effect on the Insurance premiums that these doctors are required to pay..

Or with a gleam in a guy’s eyes .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.