Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Concussions with Neil deGrasse Tyson, Leonard Marshall, & Heather Berlin

Informative show on the nature of traumatic brain injury. Leonard has personal experience with this that's fascinating.

rainmanjr 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Makes me wonder if these small head traumas in our kids who played football is now impacting our society today.

CTE has been found in high school players.

As for violence in society, that is mostly an artifact of our culture. We are a warlike nation. Football is popular because Americans are morbidly fascinated with violence, and the game has many of the characteristics of war.

@Flyingsaucesir is right about that for football. Soccer is not quite as violent but certainly as competitive and physically harmful. Steady diets of war, horror, gore, guns, and savior heroes (from whatever medium) have created this culture. It will take decades to lose it and mass shootings will happen until we do, I'm afraid, but it won't happen at all if we don't put forth the corrective efforts. At this stage of stalemate the efforts will need to be radical. Dems are far too sensitive and obedient for the likelihood of such efforts to spark.

I love NDGT! 😎👍

The NFL needs to step up and start protecting players from CTE with rule changes and better equipment, and health insurance in retirement. The game itself needs to fundamentally change. Even better, fade into history.

I think it will fade because of not being so brutal. That's the attraction and it's a strong one. I lost a good friend because I called him out on his refusal to stop with NFL while proclaiming how whites are automatically racist. He's on two marriages with Latin international women so believes romantic interests indicate he's transcended the issue. I think he merely enjoys being subordinated and uses race as cover but I'm cynical. Anyway, the game might become the domain of VR.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.