Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK America’s gun sales are booming. Does faith play a role? - Deseret News

I see the connection of Faith & Firearms as a reinforcing conscious and subconscious feedback loop where innate fearfulness starts the process, and an unconscious realization that God can not protect his faithful, augments it.

Reignmond 7 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

and that is how it should be

Because churches promote fear, to get people in. And fear breeds hate and distrust, which in turn breeds people who turn to violence.

Christianity, in its essence, does not promote peace as the author suggests. It does so only on the surface. Dig a little further and we come to the real essence, which can be summed up as “I’m right, therefore you’re wrong.” And people who are certain they are right will invariably feel compelled to correct those who are in error. Combine this with a martyrdom complex—the widespread belief that Christians are being persecuted and attacked by a hostile world, and are therefore obligated to “defend” themselves—and you’ve got the combustible mixture that sets the stage for a “pre-emptive” strike. Finally, add to this the doctrine of eternal damnation—a revenge fantasy—and you’ve got all the ingredients required for pro-active militancy.

You could say that Churchies are now growing a faith that their God won't protect them when they need him most.

Nearly as many shootings in church as school aren't there?

Sure are! I tell my Christian friends, many of whom now open carry in church, that if their God can't protect them in his own house, what good is he?

@Reignmond Good Q.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668614
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.