Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK "Identitarianism" isn't tearing Humanists apart. It's making us stronger.

In an editorial appearing in the June/July issue of Free Inquiry, Robyn Blumner, the CEO of the Center for Inquiry and the executive director of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason &, Science, claims identity politics and cancel culture have “torn apart” the Humanist movement (as far as there is one) mostly because people criticized Dawkins for perpetuating anti-trans talking points.

That end result, we’re told, is a major “schism”:

(For me, it just demonstrates that anyone can be wrong, and nobody is correct 100% of the time. I also lost some respect for Dawkins as far as his starting from an unbiased viewpoint.)

snytiger6 9 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is why I point to uniting under a few umbrella org's that will then have greater concerted resources. I think the fragmenting is hurting Dems, in the long run.

Schisms are for religious zealots....we independent thinkers have never had a "gospel" to splinter from.

@Garban good luck with that......

Humanists, Atheists, Agnostics, like most humans are not of one mind. In fact much less so than the religious because we don’t have pastors, priests, Imam, shaman or other “interpreters” of some ancient texts telling us what we should think and do. One of the reasons we are often referred to as “free thinker.”

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.