Agnostic.com

5 8

Time to bring back the Darwin Awards. Here is an honorable mention, at the very least. A woman went up to a bison in Yellowstone and got gored. The other idiocy - two other people with her approached the bison 🦬 as well, but escaped, presumably while the bison was goring their friend.

[nbcnews.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was hiking near the Catalina Island isthmus and thought to take a shortcut down a ravine. I was down a ways and saw a clearing ahead of me. Sitting in the middle was a mature male bison. I was unsure of any other way around, so I decided to go back up to the crest and continue down what would hopefully be a safer path.

A smart move.

How did a bison get to that Island?

@Beowulfsfriend @dalevictor Per Google: "In 1924, the film The Vanishing American was being filmed on Catalina Island, and one of the scenes required bison. The film crew brought 14 bison to the island from the Great Plains with the intention of eventually returning them home. They never made it off the island."

[atlasobscura.com].

Wasn't a wise choice.

Betty Level 8 June 2, 2022

I can't imagine anyone walking up to a bison. I grew up around them in the Wichita mountains and will never forget zooming around a big boulder in my Morris Minor convertible and finding a bison bull. He was bigger than my car! They are often 6 ft tall and weigh 2,000 lb.

I see that you saw a small one, they are like tanks.

Perhaps a real life case of "Bitch I don't need to out run the Bison, I just need to out run you"

Because....in Disney movies it would have ended much better

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669487
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.