Agnostic.com

1 6

Wife: Are you having another sleepless night?!?

Husband: Yeah! I’m so darn angry, I’ve got insomnia again.

Wife: What’s eating you tonight?

Husband: It's that damn boss of mine! He gets me so boiling mad! He keeps bugging me all day long! Hounding me! Hounding me!! Then, when comes time to go to bed, I’m so full of “I should’ve said—!” that I can’t get any shut-eye!

Wife: What’s he got against you anyway?

Husband: He says I keep falling asleep on the job.

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That sadly can be the cycle of insomnia. Being sleep deprived means you can not cope with small problems so easily, and that you get annoyed more easily by small failings, then you are wound up and that means can't sleep, and so on. Been there bought the tee-shirt.

Story of my life, & has been for years.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I find that growing older helps, you get a better perspective on how unimpotant many of those things are. But for now, a digital hug is sent.

@Fernapple Thank you.

Mine was made worse after 5 years of cancer treatments made the Fibromyalgia sleep issues a larger problem, on top of the fact I never was a good night time sleeper.

Now all I do is stick to routine, with the same night time getting ready for bed habits every night.... bath, tv off at 11 p.m. read, cuddle the kitties.....

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes I never was a good sleeper either. In fact I was so bad as a baby , it almost cost me my life, since my mother, I am told, got so frustrated with me only sleeping two hours a nights, that she, being sleepless herself, tried to throw me out of the upstairs window. Fortunately I was rescued by my grandmother.

@Fernapple I am a born night person, & my parents blamed me for deliberately staying awake at night, got medicines shoved down my throat, & to this day, I can't stand a syrupy strawberry flavour. I was always made to go to bed at a ''decent hour'' of course but I used to stare at the ceiling & cry because I was wide awake & bored out of my mind. By the time I got to sleep, it was almost time to get up for school....it was awful!

@Lilac-JadeCanada Fortunately I was in the pre medication age. Though at two years of age the doctor did prescribe a small glass of Sherry before bed. Since he said that at that age I was ready for alchohol. It may seem a wild idea now, but it was the late fifties, and the parents said that it did help, it was certainly probably less dangerous than strong medication. While it seems I developed a slighly better sleep at the age of about five, so they stopped.

But I always wonder about the western habit of putting children to bed in the early evening, and then being surprised that they wake you up in the early morning ?

@Fernapple As I was raised moron, alcohol was against the bloody rules & was never thought of.
I was never a morning person at the best of times, so I wouldn't know.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.