Agnostic.com

1 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Funny stuff

Angry, violent people don’t need guns to kill…unless their goal is to maximize the body count from a safe distance. Which it usually is. Seriously, when’s the last time you heard of a mass casualty event featuring a baseball bat, a knife, or a pitcher full of poisoned Kool-aid?

@NostraDumbass A person intent on killing, may not need a gun, but a gun does make it a hell of a lot easier... and does insure a higher body count.

@snytiger6
Predominately in democrat ran cities with gun control though. Funny how that works.

@CourtJester Predominantly in America, where no real gun control exists. Compare this to gun violence in countries where serious gun control does exist: Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, all through Europe….where gun deaths per capita are far, far lower. Funny how that works.

@NostraDumbass

There are worse places than the US and they have fun control

@NostraDumbass

@CourtJester Gun deaths per 100,000 in the U.S. is 3.96, which is 32nd highest in the world. Here in Canada it’s 0.47. So your rate is 8 times higher than ours, and 100 times higher than the the U.K. I could go on and on, but you’re too brainwashed to recognize reality even if kicked you in the nuts. “Fun” control works.

@NostraDumbass
Why aren’t you bitching about the other 31 then???

@CourtJester OK. There may be worse places than the U.S. with gun control, but I don't think that gun control was implemented after the fact, after the proliferation of guns with a long absence of gun control. They got to a point where they no longer had the choice but to implement gun control.

I dont' want the U.S. to get that bad before we implement gun control. We are already well on our way there, as in 2020, according to the CDC, guns over took car accidents as the leading cause of death for children in the U.S.

How bad to things have to get before you would think gun control is reasonable? If you think "never", then you are helping to lead the U.S. to becoming just as bad as those other places you cited as beign worse places.

@CourtJester At least 15 dead, 60+ injured in 10 separate mass shootings in the US over the weekend. So I can understand why you would want to change the subject and talk about countries where things are worse, rather then most of the rest of the world where things are better, because of gun control. But that's typical of the NRA and their supporters, isn't it? Change the subject, distract and deflect, in order to take the focus off the real problem: Too many deadly weapons in too many angry hands.

@NostraDumbass
Largely in democrat cities with fire arms restrictions and gun free zones.

@CourtJester You really do live in an alternate "reality". A Trump induced coma, basically, based on the nonsense you spout Probably looking forward to his Second Coming, which would pretty much put an end to democracy in America and usher in an era of violence which will far surpass what is happening today. Is that what you want, because that's what you'll get if he isn't jailed for treason and attempting to instigate a coup. Might happen either way. Your country is fucked.

@NostraDumbass
Things were outstanding the four years prior to Biden. It’s really a no brainer. I’d love to see Trump back in office. We had good jobs numbers, low inflation, lower fuel costs, no new wars, and just a bunch of load liberals crying for no reason.
I’m completely onboard with it.

@CourtJester Things were pretty good in Germany too prior to the outbreak of war. Hitler made the trains run on time. He built the autobahns. And quietly liquidated his enemies behind the scenes while establishing a dictatorship. So in the end talk of a healthy economy was just a distraction meant to placate and distract the masses from the real agenda. That's the way these Personality Cults work. The Strong Man cares only for the power, prestige and wealth he can accrue for himself and his inner circle. So ordinary supporters (such as you) are just useful idiots to people like Trump, the most incompetent and corrupt (and dangerous) president you've ever had. But you did get one thing right. It's really a no-brainer. Lock him up! Lock him up!

@NostraDumbass

But he started by taking the guns away from law abiding citizens.

@CourtJester Your “mind “ moves in mysterious ways.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.